Saturday, May 19, 2012

Power Cord Thief


In the last 2 weeks, our precious angels have lost not one, but two, yes, two power cords. To say I am angry would be putting it lightly. The first cord that they lost was for the video baby monitor. I am so angry! I needed that power cord. So, to get by while we find it, I bought a cheap-o baby monitor. The kids now seem like they don't need to find it, why Mommy you bought another one? Excuse me?!?!?! My 15.00 monitor from Walmart doesn't hold a candle in the wind to my super high tech video monitor which I adored. ARGH! Now, little do my precious angels know but I have found a solution to buy an ac dc adaptor ( I went to buy one already but Walmart didn't have one - so I'll have to get to Office Max). I am really tired of them breaking toys, losing pieces, and just saying - buy me another one. I usually don't but ask the pushover (aka my husband). Then last night, Keegan wanted to listen to the lullaby CD while he fell asleep. So, I went into Trey's room to retrieve the boombox. I found the boombox no problem. But they lost that power cord as well. That boombox has been in Trey's room for years. On top of his dresser, I didn't even know that the darn thing was unplugged. So, now the massive manhunt for 2 powercords has begun. Oh and we have 2 birthday parties we are supposed to be going to. We won't be going if we can't find the power cords. (Is that too harsh?!?!) I am attempting to teach a lesson in responsibility. As I am typing this, I hear them playing and not looking. They are going to be sad at 2:00 when they realize they should be at birthday parties but instead are at home. This is NOT how I wanted to spend my Saturday.

1 comments:

Angela said...

I feel your pain. My daughter is always losing things and then blaming me for it. thanks for following Mommy Time Out