Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dance Mom???


Oh dear....Chris called me the most horrible name the other night....he called me... a dance mom. No, he didn't mean it as a compliment.
He was making fun of me! Why? Because I have been pushing Naomi to do her back walkovers at home. She doesn't practice them. Ever. She cartwheels around the house like it's going out of style. What does that mean? That all the money we spent this year was for nothing. She can't do any new skills this year. She could do a backbend before this year. Now she can whip down. Nothing new. So, I've been getting antsy at home. I still don't think that I deserve to be called a dance mom. Do I??? It doesn't help that I have been searching for a more intense tumbling class for her. Okay, that might be harsh. She is only 6 years old.

1 comments:

Petula said...

I think as parents we realize the benefit of hard work and striving for excellence because there are things we wish we had done. We want her to give it her all 'cause you don't want her to have any regrets and you want the best for her. If she's as into it as you then go for it and don't worry about being called a dance mom (sorry, but it's a little funny!); if she's not then a change may be in order.

Good post.