Monday, May 21, 2012

From Scratch Brownies




I wanted chocolate last night. We had nothing in the house. So, I decided to try a new recipe from scratch. Well, the pan is gone between the 5 of us that eat brownies. I think that the kids woke up early to sneak down and a grab themselves one before school....


1 2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
2 Tblsp water
2 lrg eggs
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 325. Grease 9X13.

Combine butter, sugar, water. Stir in eggs & vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, & salt

Mix dry ingredients with wet.


Stir in chips. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake 20 minutes or so (I want to say that they cooked a lot longer but I was making dinner at the same time- I know I checked them twice and put them back in). So, just take them out when they don't leave brownie mix on the knife or toothpick or whatever you use to check for doneness.



So YUMMY~ the white chocolate is just the frosting.


Oooohhhhh you could frost them.

0 comments: