Friday, May 11, 2012

Crazy talk!

A friend of mine who is a crazy talented photographer, I'll have to share her work with Halle. But, she recently wrote a blog post about work/life balance.....

She is so right! I left the corporate world to pursue a nursing degree to cut down on my working hours (and because I loved the work). The hours are amazing. I love what I do but Chris's success has allowed me to cut back on my hours. There are days when I miss the money, I miss my job, I miss interacting with adults all the time. I also look in the mirror and want to cry (I think that I addressed this) but I have to make time for me and my health or else I will never get to see my Grandbabies (apparently my reward for children). I need to lose about 30 lbs. I want to run a marathon or at least a half marathon. I want my kids to be proud of me! How can I teach them to take care of themselves when I don't take care of me? I did something that I haven't done before today. Today, I was at school for a Mother's day function in Trey's classroom. I opted to surprise Naomi with lunch. She had been begging me. So, I thought screw it! We are having lunch! It was wonderful - she was so incredibly happy. Why haven't I done this before???? Her friends were so sweet - honestly, I hadn't met any of them. I don't know what I had been doing, but I need to fix it! My kids are only little once. THEY ARE MY PRIORITY! I AM A PRIORITY! Now, time for a little less talk and a lot more action!

0 comments: