Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day


This makes me laugh - this is me in a nutshell! I hope that my kids are funny too ~ as I look back I want to reflect on my 2 Mom's.... My Mom is sweet, nurturing, giving, loving, a wonderful cook (yum we are going there tomorrow for dinner). She is just a wonderful person. We, the church, and my Dad are her life. She is my rock. She drives 30 minutes out of her way to take Keegan to school, just because it helps me. She's awesome like that. When I had surgery in March, she woke up during the night to help me take care of the baby (not to mention she kept me at her house). My 2nd Mom, my mother in law. She is also a woman devoted to her family, her husband, and her church. One of my first "big" memories for me, was after the tornado in 1997. She was at our side the next morning. She is a task orientated woman. By the time, she left town, we had furniture, a new place to live, insurance lists drawn up and mailed. She has continued to be by as time has passed. She is quick to come and visit post baby. She is always willing to help us (despite living very far away). So, today on this Mother's Day, I am so grateful for my Moms! I love them both - I strive to be half the Mom they are! Give your Mom's a squeeze today....just call and say hi, I love you, thank you.

0 comments: