Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1/6/12


That Friday morning, I had so much to do! The baby was going to be here on Tuesday. Trey had a basketball game on Saturday that I had already decided I wasn't going too but I did need to get his things together. My Mom had picked me up and we were dropping something off at her house and we were having a quick cup of tea. I was talking about how bad my ankle hurt and how the baby had been lazy that day. She told me to called the dr because my blood sugar was also acting really weird. I figured she was right, I wouldn't have a chance to call later in the day as my hair was getting done at 12:30 and I had to get Keegan from preschool at 2pm. Well, this came as a HUGE shock. Her nurse listened to my complaints and told me to go home and pack my bag. Today was the day. I fought for my right to have my hair done! DENIED! Ugh! So my Mom drove me home. I other than being really frustrated about my hair was cool as a cucumber. We got to the house and I started packing. I then realized that I hadn't called Chris yet. I called his office line and left a nice message - call me as soon as you get this. Called his cell (and like any good father to be) it was off. So, I left the same message. I realized that I should call his office back and have him overhead paged. So, I did. I called and got one of his co-workers. I said is Chris around, I really need to talk to him. She said, let me check, so she went in his office - no Chris. I said, well, no rush but please tell him to call me, we are having a baby sometime today. COMPLETELY CALM! Poor Chris, pulled in the parking lot after his lunch and from the way he explained it I was in labor. So he frantically calls me (I am shaving my legs). I said to calm down and go ahead and come home as I am still packing. So, he rushed home and we got in my van and my Mom got in her car and all drove to the hospital. There was no rush --- at all! I think I was grumbling about how I could have gotten my hair done! LOL! Funny stuff right here - the anesthesiologist is placing my spinal and on the radio comes Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. It was really, really funny! About 10 minutes later our sweet daughter was born - Halle Therese entered the world and I forgot all about my hair appointment (well, sorta). I'll never forgot the tears in Chris's eyes when he held our 2nd daughter. He was thrilled (and so was I - we knew the kids would be stoked!). So, my Mom went to get them. She didn't tell them where we were or what we were doing - so they walked in and there she was. Trey literally jumped up and down. Naomi was so excited, she just grinned ear to ear. Keegan wanted to smush her. Our lives were complete that day - It's a beautiful word, we're all here!

0 comments: