Sunday, May 20, 2012

First Day


I did it! (and right now I sound like Keegan). I worked my first 12 hour shift. Did I cry on the way to work? Yes, yes I did. I had taken a picture of Halle for the road. It was a nice night at work. I was steady with a sympathetic charge nurse who did NOT overwork me. Another friend reviewed my charting. It definitely took a team to get me through the night. All of my passwords had expired. I had been locked out of every system. I had to check one cervix and I found it! A lot easier said that done! I have to say I was EXHAUSTED though! I left the house to bring Halle and Keegan to the sitter, got halfway there and realized that my breastmilk was on the counter. So, back home...sigh. I slept like a rock....I was exhausted. I still am come to think of it. It felt good to be back. I was ready! 6 months was a LONG time to be gone!

0 comments: