Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!




Happy Memorial Day!



Memorial Day has taken on a new meaning since Uncle Adam entered our lives. Uncle Adam is my sister's fiance. He is lovely. He is active duty military and we are all prepping for his deployment in August. It is going to be a long 9 months or 12 months until we know that he is home safe and sound.


I saw servicemen and women and always appreciated their service - now I feel it. I know that there is so much more than a serviceperson there. There is a girlfriend, wife, daughter, mom waiting for their man to return. My sister is already hurting just spending her time with him until he leaves.


When we travelled to Virginia, Naomi would run up to everyone she saw in uniform, shake their hand and say thank you. It was precious. Granted, half the time they had no idea, but it was really cute.


So thank you to our servicefriends and loved ones. Be safe and come home soon! To their loved ones waiting, thank you. I know your heart hurts - and I hope that your loved one comes home safe and sound......


1 comments:

Catherine said...

I will keep your sister and her fiancée in my prayers. Her heart must ache.
Thank you for your visit to my blog. I hope that you will visit again.