Monday, November 22, 2010

To be Princess

Tonight was Cub Scout night. It was going to be fun, a tour of one of local news channels. How super fun is that !?! I think that I was more excited that than the kids. Being in OK, I couldn't wait to meet the man that interrupted all of my favorite programming or assured me that I was just missing commercials. I also wanted to ask if he knew Reid Timmer from Storm Chasers! Of course I didn't ask that question.

The night started off great. We went to station, along with all of the other Cub Scouts and their parents. We were standing in the lobby and the weather guy was talking to the kids. He had made a few snarky remarks about the sports guys. One of the sports announcer's walked in and introduced himself to each person individually including Princess. Princess told him her name and asked what he did, he replied, sports. She looked at him scrunched up her nose and said that guy (points to the weather man) doesn't like you very much. I could have died, sarcasm is often lost on an almost 5 yr old. The sports guy looked at her, bent down and said, well to be honest I don't like it when he runs over his time to tell you that it's windy and cold. You can look outside and see it's windy and cold. Priceless. The adults laughed and she smiled, not having an idea what he meant by what he said.

The tour began and she was front and center for the whole thing. When it came time to play on the green screen, she ballet moved her way right through it, making sure that she watched herself on the screen. One of the other dads noted she isn't shy, my reply, no she isn't.

0 comments: