Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Up My Friends

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I'm so thankful for the many blessings in my life - I thought about rambling them all off but decided it would sound a little like an acceptance speech :) With you all playing the music trying to cut me off in the background!

I wish you all a day of nothing - nothing but food, family and fun. BE SAFE IF YOU R TRAVELING!!!

We are having an early dinner today, as my poor brother got the work straw this year (I had it the last 2 years). We all agree we would rather work Thanksgiving or New Years than Christmas.

I grew up in a family where Dad was usually missing at least 1 holiday a year. If we got upset or frustrated he would remind us that at least he got to come home as opposed to the people staying that were ill or injured. He always taught us to be grateful for health. (and that hospitals are 24/7 businesses).

Funny enough 2/3 of his children now work in the hospital, so between the 3 of us, someone is usually working the night/day of the holiday or on the eve or the day after.

So, that being said, I am sure that I will come back with some funny stories of my husband trying to corral the children in my parent's house. LOL! Hence why I was busy yesterday, I wanted to make sure all I had to do when I got to Mom's was heat a few things up.

Wishing you nothing but the best on this holiday season. Let the games begin! It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

0 comments: