Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Awards

Thank you to my fellow bloggers for the TWO awards that I received at the tail end of last week! Thank you! Thank you! Now, you will see some doubles- that's because I'm seeing double...so tired, it's been a long day...

Now to the awards -

First the Bogie Award:

Photobucket

A big thank you to Adrienne...she has this awesome blog, 2 Kids and a Cat - if you haven't been to see her - you need too. Her blog is honest and makes me laugh out loud. That always makes my kids and husband interested in what I'm reading. So - if you like honesty and hilarity all rolled into one - Adrienne's blog is a must see!

So it comes with some contingencies -

~ Link back to the blogger who gave the award (check)
~ Post where I would like to be in 10 yrs (check)
~ Pass it along to 10 fellow bloggers (here it goes...)


Where would I like to be in 10 years - let's see - my eldest would be 16 today - SCARRRRYYYY!!!! I would like to just be raising my family. I'll have a house full of teenagers at that point. Hopefully - we will be college ready (ie savings account stocked, house paid off)....just enjoying life and getting ready to be empty nesters....

1. Sarah at Minnesota Mama's Must Haves

2. My Real Review

3. Joyful Journey

4. The Creative Side Of Me

5. Life in Beverly Hills

6. Fugitive Firefly

7. inCONCEIVEable

8. Blase 'n' Crochet

9. Happily Southern Reviews

10. The Groschen Goblins





2nd Award

Photobucket

Beautiful Blogger Award

Thank you to Nicole My Real Review. Her blog is another must see! She has great giveaways, tips on being green, and living frugally. She has a "theme" of the month - this month was saving money by going green. Come soon (like March), her theme is Gardening 101- I need to tell her I need an at home tutorial - so, she should just come over. Haha! So go ahead - take a minute and visit Nicole.

This one also has stipulations - this time -

~ Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
~ Copy the award and paste it on your blog
~ List 7 interesting things about me.
~ Nominate either 7 or 15 people for this award (while Nicole when with 15 - I'm going with 7 just because, I have both awards)....

Me - interesting, hmmmmm.

1. Hmm - like Nicole, I played Rugby (she played in HS, I played in college)
2. I was born in Canada, my Mom was born and raised in Ireland, my Dad was born and raised in England, my brother was born in Ireland, and my sister was born here in the States. I heart St. Patrick's Day. We moved here when I was little.
3. I cried when I got my mini-van (a lot). But it has grown on me (a little)
4. I used to sell water heaters, furnaces, air conditioners, air cleaners, and more. When I got promoted I worked with the sales reps who sold natural gas. Now I'm a nurse - doesn't that make sense?
5. When I was in 4th grade the music teacher told me my arms were too short to play the flute. I was determined and I played the flute for 4 years in HS.
6. I hate flying - really hate flying - it freaks me out!!! I don't know why, I've flown a lot in my life, maybe that's why.
7. I am also scared to death of heights, hate em, hate em, hate em. I used to love roller coaster now I'm too freaked out by the height. I keep my eyes closed for the WHOLE ride. My husband laughs at me....



The award goes to.....
1. Sarah @ Minnesota Mama's Must Haves

2. 2 Kids and a Cat

3. From Misery To Happiness

4. The Creative Side Of Me

5. The Adventures Of Paul & Natalie

6. Life Happens During Naptime

7. Happily Southern Reviews

15 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

Sounds like a great place to be 10 years from now!

Danielle said...

Fabulous. Congrats on your awards.

Michelle said...

Congrats on your awards and thanks for mine.

a49erfangirl said...

Congrats on your awards.

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for the awards! Congrats on getting them as well :) You're so nice to pass them on to me. I am a nurse too!

-Sarah
www.minnesotamamasmusthaves.com

Amberlynn said...

Congrats on your awards! Also, thank you for following AND giving me an award! Seriously, I'm flattered :) Following you right back.

Shana Putnam said...

Awww, thanks so much!!

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

Congrats on your awards! It's nice feeling the love!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the award :-)

The Single Mothers Chronicles said...

Hey = thanks for the recos on the other blogs - will head over now!
Swati

Tracie said...

Congrats on your awards! I'm your newest follower. Nice to 'meet' you.

Queen Bug said...

Congrats on the awards! Do you care if I put your button on my blog?

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

Congrats on your awards!! Your rockin blog totally deserves them! And BTW I cried when I got my mini-van too.

hjn said...

Congrats on your awards!!! Loving your blog and coming back to really explore!!! Found you at Mommy Blogs......sending a vote your way today!
Have a great one!
Mama Holli

Michelle Faith said...

Happy Friday follow...If you've got it...I'll follow it
Hope you'll stop by Blissful Babble, God blessings on your weekend.