Monday, August 8, 2011

10 years....

Well, the big day was here. The day I waited years for. Chris and I have been married for 10 years.

I remember when we went to the courthouse to get our marriage license, the man informed us what line to come back to in 6 months. We were so confused until we looked and saw that he was talking about the divorce line. Nice.

I remember our first date, at college debate camp - I was 19. I remember making you dance in the rain (I haven't gotten you to do that since).

I remember the day I moved to MN to be with you - we had only been dating 6 months.

I remember asking my Mom how she knew Dad was the one. And her panicking.

I remember the tornado in 1996 when we lost our apartment...the fish died, the cats lived. Your Mom came to the rescue.

I remember when we graduated from college. Two days after that we closed on our first house. Two days after that you proposed. I was beginning to think you would never ask.

I remember our Wedding Day.

I remember our Honeymoon in Jamaica - 10 years later we did that trip again and it was more fun.

I remember our first miscarriage on Christmas Eve 2001 - you sang No Woman No Cry and promised it would be okay. You were right.

I remember the first time we saw and held Trey. I cried and still cry when I think about it.

I remember the day Naomi was born - she has always been Daddy's girl. I remember how scared you were.

I remember the day Keegan was born. Another boy.

I remember when I told you our fivesome was becoming a party of six.

I can't wait to remember more...oh and I remember everything in between too....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! What wonderful memories!