Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Date Night

We had a date!!! Last night - it was awesome!

We went for dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant downtown. It was yummy. Of course we were running late and the restaurant was packed (because everyone else had the same idea). I bet those other people go out all the time. LOL!

It was nice. I don't think we talked about the kids once during dinner. Ahhhhh, grown up speak. It was delightful.

Then it was off to the show - ERIC CLAPTON. It was phenomenal. Great show. His guitar rifts were amazing. We have seen Clapton before in St. Paul. We were so excited to see him again. We met my brother and his wife at the show. The 4 of us just had a nice time.

The most exciting part, we have another date - next week!!!!!! YES! I likey, likey these dates! Next week it is a Flogging Molly concert. It seems to be concert season in our house - we have Clapton, Flogging Molly, and then I am going to the Blackeyed Peas all in 3 weeks.


Okay friends - tell me about your most recent awesome dates! I want to hear what my friends do with their special someones for a night out!

8 comments:

B-Dub said...

I LOVE Flogging Molly! Lucky!

My hubbs is deployed so no date nights for the next 11 months or so. Boo

shortmama said...

Clapton is one of my faves! I saw him a few years ago in concert and it was just amazing!!

krystal said...

I went to Flogging Molly on Valentine's Day this year and you will love the show! The opening act was pretty good too.

Christa @ Little Us said...

ahh date night...a rare occurrence I'm sure.

Danielle said...

Yummy! I love Mexican. We always do Mexican on our dates! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves!

x said...

Funny, I just heard someone on the radio mention Flogging Molly for the very first time yesterday. Have a great time!

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

After years of struggling to find a sitter we have gone on a ton of dates lately. Its been great. I want to see Eric Clapton one day too. I hope he heads to San Diego.

Ashley Stone said...

I bet that was a cool concert! I'd love to see the Black Eyed Peas too, have fun!