Thursday, March 11, 2010

Conference USA Men's Bball

This is my personal rant. I was so excited that Tulsa scored the Conference USA and then the NCAA tourney next year. I am so disappointed at the lack of turnout. The fans are letting me down. The city and downtown could be profiting so much from the tournament - but no one is going.

I have been to the games yesterday and today. I had tickets but they hardly mattered, I was able to sit wherever I wanted. As did everyone else. The worst part - the University of Tulsa is playing. Tonight, I'm not at the game - I'm watching at home. Once again, I'm so sad that I'm not there because no one else is and you can see the empty seats on the tv screen.

I am used to watching these games in Mpls where there were always sold out crowds and the tournament was awesome. Not because of the games we watched but the atmosphere that the crowd created. Not everyone attending the tournament had a team to cheer we just cheered for a good game. I miss that, I was hoping that it would happen here - but not so much.

The Conference USA women's tourney has resorted to giving away free tickets. I can't decide if it is the bad economy or lack of interest in Tulsa......


any thoughts?

Oh ps - my mother in law just happened to fly in this week. I lucked out on this one this has given me the opportunity to attend the games with no kiddies! WHOOT! Tomorrow the hubs and I are going to the first game then he is going home and his cousin will watch the second game with me. Then we ( my husband, his cousin, and our oldest) will go to the Championship!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing.
http://healthythaifoodbythebennett.blogspot.com/