Thursday, January 21, 2010

Easy dinner

I needed an easy dinner night - who doesn't need one of those once in awhile. It's been a week. One heck of a week.


So tonight a family favorite

Salsa Chicken

There are several ways that I do this - but tonight it's going to be the easy way.


Chicken breasts - boneless skinless
Poultry Seasoning
Pepper
Salt
Chili Powder

Season chicken. I just season according to our taste.

Salsa
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Place chicken in ovenproof greased dish. Preheat oven to 400. Top with Salsa. Bake covered for 45 minutes - remove from oven - sprinkle with cheese - bake for another 15 minutes.

I serve this with Spanish Rice and some type of veggie (typically corn - a family favorite that is nutritionally void).

Sometimes - I bread the chicken and quick brown on the stove and then bake. Not tonight.

8 comments:

Tenille said...

You could create a recipe section on your site, with easy recipes for busy moms!

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

I should but you assume that I know how to do that kind of HTML work. HAHA! I can't.

I have a blog redesign coming. I plan on adding a section for recipes in the future.

Queen Bug said...

For easy peasy recipes, you can always go to kraftfoods.com. I pull a lot of recipes from there. I always revamp the recipe though to make it my own. My family doesn't eat mushrooms or onions and it seems like in most recipes, if it doesn't have onions, it has mushrooms. So, we change things around a lot. There is also a website associated with Kraftfoods called First Taste. They send out free coupons. We've gotten lots of free velveeta, pizza, coffee, Jello, Oreo Cakesters. Let me know if you're interested in that one. I can check to see if it's referral only. I don't remember how I signed up!

I'm done taking up your comment space. Great recipe!

Latsyrc728 said...

Sounds yummy! I am following you back from the Product Review Place.

Shannon K. said...

Looks so good and SO easy! I actually do a Tasty Tuesday segment where I post recipes. Repaying the FF!

Missy said...

We have something similar to this at our house. The adults love it, the kids....not so much. LOL


Thanks for stopping in from Friday Follow!

Joyful said...

Sounds good.
I recently made some `Salsa Chicken` using my crockpot. I Love my crockpot.


*Friday Follow*

Steph said...

Friday Follower :)

This recipe sounds great--tasty and easy to prepare!