Monday, June 6, 2011

The kitchen

When we bought this house two years ago it was perfect, well, almost. I love to cook, I mean really love to cook. Our last house had this huge kitchen! It was a cooker's dream. It had cabinets and countertops for miles! A huge pantry!! I think back and I could almost cry. This kitchen has no pantry. Well, it has this closet that I guess that you could call a pantry. I have kitchen stuff stored all over the house. It makes me sad. I hate having people over and I hate "trying" to cook in my tiny kitchen.

My husband who doesn't cook doesn't really notice how this closet of a kitchen is affecting me. He realizes it at Christmas when I don't make nearly as much candy. I don't have the room. If you have ever made candy you know it takes room!

Yes, my kitchen has double ovens, but does it count if you can't fit a standard cookie sheet in them? Not in my world.

I have a solution, it requires knocking down some walls and removing our formal dining room which we don't use anyway. It is a glorified laundry room. (Since I don't have a room but a hallway) to do my laundry in now.

I've started to enter all kinds of kitchen sweepstakes. We don't have an extra 30 grand laying around right now to get my dream kitchen. Of course by the time we can afford it my kids will be gone.

Wish me luck! I need a pantry! My boys are only getting older and are eating more and more!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have only a closet pantry. It doesn't hold much either.

I hope the renovation goes well.