Sunday, November 29, 2009

Super Chocolate Cookies

If you like chocolate these cookies are for you!!  These are really rich and full of chocolate.  I sent these with my mom to a cookie exchange.  Needless to say the DH wasn't too excited to exchange - he wanted to keep all of these little chocolate gems for himself!



16 oz milk chocolate chips
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 packages (24 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Hershey Kisses chopped in half

Preheat oven to 350.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Microwave 16 oz. milk chocolate with the stick of butter until melted smooth ( for me I microwave 45 seconds and stir - then cook again for 45 seconds).

In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.

In a large bowl mix together eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy.  Reduce speed and add the melted chocolate.  On low speed, add the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, but leave out the kisses.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets.  2-3 inches apart.  Place a kiss on top of each cookie dough.

Bake until cookies are shiny and crackly yet still soft - typically between 12 -14 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack with a spatula.

Today when I made these cookies I got about 5 dozen (but I made them smaller than normal).  Normally 4 dozen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my husband would LOVE these!! He loves chocolate. He loves it so much that he went out this weekend and bought 3 desserts. He was a tad sick of pumpkin!

Buckeroomama said...

My kids would love these cookies (and so would I)! I'll have to come back for the recipe next week...

Thanks for the follow. :)

Life As I Know It said...

YUM. Those look really good. Might try them this today with my 4 year old!

Eco-Friendly and Frugal said...

Holy cow those look good!!!

Btw, your blog looks awesome. ;) Thanks for stopping by an entering my Dip Devil's giveaway and for following my blog! I'm following you back.

Suzanne said...

Oh please...these look too good! We are definitely making them...maybe today. hahaha

April (Mama is on the Potty) said...

I am going to try these! Thanks for posting! I want to try to do some holiday baking with my children to give to neighbors!!

Great blog!

Blogs said...

Oh My...I love you.....I so need to get my buns making these yummy looking cookies. We girls love to bake:) Thanks for sharing~!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.