Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Apple Walnut Salad

This salad is excellent for Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Dinner.  I have brought this to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner the last few years...so good.  Even picky eaters like the dressing.

Dressing:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh cranberries
2 Tblsp honey
1 Tblsp white sugar
1 Tblsp chopped red onion
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Combine all ingredients except vegetable oil in a blender or food processor.  Slowly add oil.

Salad:
2 packages Spring Mix
3 medium red delicious apples chopped - coated in lemon juice if preparing in advance
1 cup toasted chopped walnuts

In a large bowl toss salad mix, apples, & walnuts.

Add salad dressing - toss and serve.

* I think that this salad would also taste amazing with candied walnuts or pecans.

7 comments:

Tenille said...

Wow does that ever sound yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am the happiest girl alive! Fiona is giving away recipes and I don't even have to wait to my wedding day to get them! :)

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

Haha If it isn't one of my favorite brides to be! Yes indeed here they are. I was thinking of posting your favorite salad recipe the week after next so keep checking back Taylor!

Kris said...

I am definitely going to have to try this recipe out:-) it sounds really good. Thanks for the recipe:-)

Angela said...

Wow- that sounds yummy! I'd rather have this for my cranberry fix than the canned you know what. Thanks!

And thanks for stopping by my blog. You will eventually get tons of PR contacts. I'm not exactly sure where or how they found/find me, but they do and I get at least 5 pitches a week now.

I'm sure big blogs get a lot more, but I think it's cool that someone is actually reading and wanting to share their products on my site.

Last month I wrote a post about getting kids to eat veggies. I was then contacted by a healthy snack company to do a review/giveaway. But guess what? All of the commenters to that page that left blog info were also contacted to do the review/giveaway. So put yourself out there and you never know what could happen. :)

GotChocolate said...

Yum! I love apples and walnuts together. Reminds me of Waldorf Salad. Thanks for this different variation.

From MBC - thanks for the follow too! :)

P.S. It's a pain in the behind to post comments on your blog when you have to sign in to do it.

Diane Brooks said...

Hi there, I am visiting from MBC. This salad will be beautiful for Christmas too. I will look forward to sharing it with my family!