Sunday, April 29, 2012

The difficult road to Halle


This pregnancy was not my favorite. I was not in the best shape. As a L&D nurse, I knew that I was a higher risk patient when I got pregnant due to some complications from my last pregnancy. I just wasn't expecting it to be quite like it was. I had high blood pressure. Yuck! When I say high, it was pretty high. Bring on the blood pressure medicine. I had gestational diabetes to boot. Another big yuck. I had this during my last pregnancy too. Last time, diet controlled it, this time, not so much. Bring on the diabetic meds. I was a walking pharmacy. I had low amniotic fluid at the beginning of my pregnancy. Which scared me to death. I was really worried about myself. I would look at the kids and my husband and know I should never do this again. I am young, ahem, at least in my own opinion. I love being pregnant though! I love the glow, I love feeling the baby move. I was so tired this time. I felt huge! It sure didn't end the way that I had expected. I was taken off work by my dr. I was swelling during my shifts, my blood pressure would sky rocket. I was placed on a modified bedrest. There was no way to get me onto bedrest with the 3 kids - thankfully my dr is a saint. There were weekly trips to ultrasound and to the doctor to keep me busy. I made it through - and was worth every minute...

0 comments: